The key to successful off-page SEO is to have a good strategy that includes both on-page and off-page SEO tactics. Here are some of the key points of successful off-page SEO work:
- Evaluating your current backlink profile to see how strong it is.
- Checking the backlink profiles of your competitors to find easy opportunities to get similar links.
- Improving your internal linking with keyword-rich anchor text.
- Fixing 404 errors so incoming PageRank is not being lost.
- Optimizing your content for on-page SEO so it doesn’t need as many backlinks to rank.
- Content marketing is an important off-page SEO tactic. Publishing great content is an effective way to earn backlinks, gain media attention, and show E-A-T. And finding ways to distribute that content to other channels can help boost off-page signals.
- Link building is an effective off-page SEO strategy. Google is built on PageRank, an algorithm that looks at a page’s backlinks for quantity and quality.
Common mistakes to avoid when doing off-page SEO
- Not understanding the basics of off-page SEO. You need to know what the different types of links are and how they work. You need to understand what anchor text is and how you can use it in your links.
- Not having a clear strategy. You need to have a plan for how you are going to build links and promote your content.
- Focusing too much on quantity over quality. You need to focus on building high-quality links from authoritative websites.
- Ignoring social media. Social media can be a great way to promote your content and build links.
- Not optimizing your content for search engines. You need to make sure your content is optimized for the keywords you are targeting.
- Not tracking your results. You need to track your rankings and traffic to see what is working and what is not.