On-page SEO is the practice of optimizing individual web pages in order to rank higher and earn more relevant traffic in search engines. On-page refers to both the content and HTML source code of a page that can be optimized, as opposed to off-page SEO which refers to links and other external signals.
Here are some basic on-page SEO techniques that you can use to improve your website’s ranking:
- Title tags – Title tags are the first thing that search engines look at when determining what your page is about. Make sure that your title tags are descriptive and contain your target keywords.
- Meta descriptions – Meta descriptions are the short descriptions that appear below the title tag in search engine results pages. They should be descriptive and contain your target keywords.
- Header tags – Header tags (H1, H2, H3, etc.) are used to structure your content and make it easier for search engines to understand what your page is about. Make sure that you use header tags to break up your content into sections and include your target keywords.
- Keyword optimization – Make sure that your target keywords are included in your content, but don’t overdo it. Keyword stuffing can actually hurt your rankings.
- Image optimization – Make sure that your images are optimized for search engines by including descriptive alt tags and file names.
- Internal linking – Linking to other pages on your website can help search engines understand the structure of your site and the relationships between pages.
- User experience – Make sure that your website is easy to navigate and provides a good user experience. This can help reduce bounce rates and improve your rankings.
Here are some tips to help you write on-page SEO friendly content:
- Choose a topic – Choose a topic that your target audience cares about. You can use tools like Google Trends to find popular topics.
- Conduct keyword research – Use keyword research tools like Google Keyword Planner to find relevant keywords to include in your content.
- Create high-quality content – Write content that is informative, engaging, and well-written. Make sure that your content is long enough to provide value to your readers.
- Optimize your content – Use your target keywords in your content, title tags, meta descriptions, and headers. But don’t stuff your content with keywords.
- Use headings and subheadings – Use headings and subheadings to break up your content and make it easier to read.
- Use images and videos – Use images and videos to make your content more engaging and to break up your text.
- Link to other pages on your website – Linking to other pages on your website can help search engines understand the structure of your site and the relationships between pages.
- Build quality backlinks – Backlinks are links from other websites to your website. They are an important factor in SEO and can help improve your rankings.