Here are some ways to optimize a website for mobile:
- Make your site adaptive to any device – be it desktop, mobile, or tablet.
- Always scale your images when using a responsive design, especially for mobile users.
- Use short meta titles.
- Avoid pop-ups that cover your content and prevent visitors from getting a glimpse of what your content is all about.
- Less can be more on mobile.
- Don’t use mobile as an excuse for cloaking.
- Pick a 100% responsive web design.
- Correct size of text and photos.
- Test your website regularly and identify the issues that affect its performance
Here are some common mistakes to avoid when optimizing a website for mobile:
- Failing to optimize for mobile.
- Cluttered site navigation.
- Slow loading web pages.
- Incorrect CTA placement.
- Un-optimized images.
- Irrelevant pop-up implementation.