Blogging is good for SEO because it helps in many things that are important ranking factors. When you have a blog that is regularly updated with blog posts that are of high quality and on topics relevant to your web pages, services, products, and audience, it can make a big difference in how your entire website ranks in search engines. Blogging helps boost SEO quality by positioning your website as a relevant answer to your customers’ questions. Blog posts that use a variety of on-page SEO tactics can give you more opportunities to rank in search engines and make your site more appealing to visitors.
How Often Should Blog Posts be Published?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question. The frequency of your blog posts depends on your goals, your audience, and your resources. Some blogs post daily, while others post weekly or monthly. The key is to be consistent and to provide high-quality content that your audience will find valuable.
To save time, you can write a number of blog posts and schedule them to automatically publish in the future.
Boost Ranking with These Tips
Here are some tips to help you get your blog posts to rank higher:
- Do your keyword research: Use keyword research tools to find the right keywords to target in your blog posts.
- Optimize your blog posts for SEO: Use on-page SEO tactics like optimizing your title tags, meta descriptions, and header tags.
- Create high-quality content: Write blog posts that are informative, engaging, and valuable to your audience.
- Promote your blog posts: Share your blog posts on social media, participate in online communities, and use email marketing to reach your audience.
- Build backlinks: Backlinks are links from other websites to your website. They are an important ranking factor in SEO. You can build backlinks by guest posting on other blogs, participating in online communities, and creating high-quality content that people want to link to.
Patience is a Virtue
It typically takes between 3–6 months for SEO to show results. That’s according to the ~4,300 people who responded to a poll on LinkedIn and Twitter. Most SEO experts believe that it takes at least six to nine months to begin seeing results from your SEO strategy. Typically, after six to nine months, you may start to see an uptick in organic traffic and conversions, and with continued SEO efforts, you should continue to see growth over the following months and years.