PageRank is an algorithm used by Google Search to rank web pages in their search engine results. It is named after both the term “web page” and co-founder Larry Page. PageRank works (very roughly) by counting the number and quality of links to a page to determine a rough estimate of how important the website is.
The quality of a link is determined by the relevance and authority of the linking site. Relevance refers to how closely the content of the linking site matches the content of the linked-to site. Authority refers to how trustworthy and reputable the linking site is.
5 tips to improve your PageRank
- Create high-quality content that is relevant to your audience and that they will want to share.
- Use keywords in your content that are relevant to your audience and that they will use to search for your content.
- Build high-quality backlinks to your website from other websites that are relevant to your audience.
- Optimize your website’s structure and navigation to make it easy for search engines to crawl and index your content.
- Use social media to promote your content and build your brand.